Monday, March 12, 2007

Life in February 2007

Hello everyone,

How are you doing? Very well I hope. Month has passed again I notice. Not great changes, but still it has been an unique month.

Mostly it has been about school. We had the critique-session for Fiktio-1, first fiction-movies made by our group that is. Fiktio-2 means the second fiction movies made by our group and so on. These are short-films of course, not full-length movies. We don't get to do full length feature-films in this school. You gotta wait till you are pro I quess.

The short-film Tahdon, the one I directed, got both positive feedback and critique. On the whole the feedback was constructive I thought. I felt better after this session than I had felt in the previous critique-sessions we've had. Maybe I am getting used to this.

Some hightlights for this month: One weekend in Jyväskylä...Seeing and hearing Profeetta at Lutakko. ( Check out Profeetta's myspace profile.) There was also a great norwegian DJ who threw us a good party. Electro-stuff. My friend Soila left to Italy. We had a party at her parents place. Afterwards we went to a nightclub. That was a very good evening too. I hope Soila enjoys Italy.

Olavi and Emma won Emma-awards ( Finnish music-awards). Olavi for best jazz-release.. Oddarrang: Music Illustrated ( Check out Oddarrang's myspace-site). And Emma for female-singer/artist of the year. Olavi and Emma rules ok.

Nice party at our school too. The Studio-party, Last wednesday. Band called Silvio played there. I knew the guys in Silvio. We played football in same club when I was still living in Helsinki. I bought their album Amass all you can. Original stuff.

I've been trying to look up some summer-work. So far, no luck. I need to make a proper CV and spend more time with this.
I hope I will get to do something that is meaningful for me.

Best movies I saw in February: Lady Vengeance and Tristram Shandy. Also Ingmar Bergman's Saraband was good one.

Last weekend I went to Tampere film festival. I saw some brilliant documents there. French, Polish, American and documents made by Sami people from Lapland. Sami's are the indigenous people of Lappland. They are the only indigenous people in European Union. There are about 100.000 Sami people. They live mostly in northern Finland, Norway, Sweden and Russia. I liked the Sami-documentaries. They had warmth and presence in them. Some very lovely people were interviewed.

Last month I told you about this Home With God book. Here are few quotes from the book:

"YOu are always immersed in the Divine. You are immersed in it right now. Indeed, you are it. YOu are divinity, immersed in Divinity, expressing Itself as the Individuated Aspect of Divinity know as YOu." p.35

" There is nowhere to go, nothing you have to do, and nothing you have to be, except exactly what you are being right now., in order to experience the bliss of the Divine. YOu ARE the bliss of the Divine, and you simply do not know it." p.185

And here is one poem I wrote awhile ago....
it is called
256 lives.

After 3 lives I had gained some consciousness

After 9 lives I had learned something about cause and effect

After 15 lives I knew something about lust and affection

After 30 lives I knew something about hate

After 33 lives I knew about revenge

After 40 lives I knew about betrayal

After 49 lives I knew much more about pain and depression

After 57 lives I knew more about sickness

After 64 lives I knew something about compassion

After 71 lives I knew something about Holiness

After 79 lives I knew something about humbleness

After 85 lives I knew more about friendship

After 89 lives I knew about disappointment

After 94 lives I knew much more about perseverance and determination

After 102 lives I knew about power

After 107 lives I knew about sex

After 111 lives I knew about passion

After 119 lives I knew about art

( I will finish this poem in my next mail. Something for you guys to keep you coming back, eh? )

Have an enjoyable month. Let us try to remain joyfull and count all the good things in our lives.

Much love to you , Lauri Anssi Write to me. I love to hear from you.

ps. If you have not seen it watch Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth. Everyone on this planet should see that movie.
Peace.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And after 256 lives everything will be over, the wrinkles wich the glass will truly show of mouthed graves will give thee memory; Then the winter will come and thousand years of loneliness will over.It will be the final revival and eternity of silence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home